ALL CURRENT PATIENTS of DR. CHAO YU can now BOOK APPOINTMENTS online: BOOK NOW
May 12, 2020
To our Dear Patients,
I would like to announce May 14, 2020 will be our first day reopening following Alberta Government’s recently announced re opening strategy. Currently with stage 1 opening, we will not be booking any surgical patients. Those patients will be booked according to AHS and CPSA (College of physician and Surgeons) guidelines published at later dates. We will adopt strict measures outlined by the public health to safeguard the health and safety of you, our employees and our community we serve.
While disinfection and sanitization policies have always been part of our operational procedures, at this time, we have taken additional following steps to keep the clinic safe and clean for you, our employees and community at large:
- All Staff will use masks during operation.
- We advise every patient to bring a mask to be used throughout their visit.
- We will be taking everyone’s temperature, including staff, upon arrival to the clinic. If there is sign of fever, we will ask the patient to go home and reschedule the appointment to minimize the exposure.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for use in addition to hand washing with soap at the clinic
- We will advise patients to come alone for their appointment. Or their family member to stay in the car or come at a later time to pick up a patient, to maintain social distancing.
- We have put up notice advising everyone to speak to us should they have had any recent travel history, signs of fever, cough and/or general malaise.
- We have increased the frequency of disinfection and sanitization not only in our examination room, but also at the front reception area including chairs, washroom and compression stocking store.
At the present time, we feel confident that these measures allow us to keep the operation of the clinic and store safe for all of us. We will continue to base our actions on recommendations from Public Health Authorities. The health and safety of you, our employees and community will always be our utmost priority. We will contact you should further changes occur. Should you feel the need to change your current appointments to a later date, we will be happy to accommodate.
Take care of you and your family,
Dr. Chao Yu, M.D., ABVLM
The VenaSeal® Sapheon Closure System uses a safe medical embolic adhesive to simply and effectively close large varicose veins. The procedure is performed with a minimally invasive catheter technique under ultrasound guidance in an office with minimal to no discomfort. With patients able to quickly return to normal activity.
Our clinic is among first site in Canada to offer this new cutting edge technology.
YoU Compression Wear® Stocking Store
Please come to see us for our huge selection of compression stockings, socks & sleeves which include YoU Compression Wear®, Jiani & Sigvaris.
We offer a wide selection of styles & price range. All patients will be fitted by our Certified Fitters.